Under The Sun

Monday, August 25, 2003


I'm sure none of you remember this post on Collingwood's theory of history. I remembered it only vaguely. So I was really surprised to receive an email about it from the author of the NDPR review! I recall having thought as I was composing the post that I was giving the clear but false impression that I knew what I was talking about--in fact I'd never even heard of Collingwood, let alone read him--but since it's just a blog and no one reads it anyway, I didn't feel the need to care. Oops.

This is the second time I've been mistaken for a philosophy professor by an actual philosophy professor. But the other time was just a casual social interaction, no scholarship involved. This time I'm not sure whether to be more pleased or embarrassed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Home